Luss Smokehouse - Loch Lomond
Smoked Mackerel and Beetroot Salad with Dill Dressing
Regular price £0.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
230g Beech Smoked Mackerel Fillets
2 x Green chicory bulbs (leaves separated)
60g Mascarpone Cheese
4 x tbsp Double Cream
2 x tbsp Semi-Skimmed Milk
1 x tsp Djon Mustard
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 x tbsp Fresh Dill (chopped)
Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius/gas mark 6. Place the beetroots in the centre of a large square of foil and add 2 tablespoons of water. Bring the sides of the foil up and scrunch the ends together to form a tightly sealed parcel.
2. Place the parcel on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven for 45-60 minutes or until the beetroot is tender. Leave to cool.
3. Meanwhile, to make the dressing... Put all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Arrange the chicory leaves on a large serving platter. Flake the mackerel into bite-sized pieces and scatter it over the chicory.
5. Once the beetroots are cool, slip them out of their skins and cut into wedges. Decorate the plate with the chicory leaves and mackerel.
6. To serve, drizzle over the dressing, grind over some black pepper and garnish with dill sprigs.