1. Preheat the oven to 200° and line a six-hole large muffin tin with paper muffin tins.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Whisk the mayonnaise, beaten egg, oil, milk and dill. Meanwhile stir the smoked salmon in slowly. Once fully whisked together, pour this mixture into the flour and lightly stir with a wooden spoon until it is covered - don't worry about mixing too thoroughly as this will make the mixture too hard.
4. Fill the muffin cases and bake for around 25 minutes - don't take out the oven if the middle of the muffin is still runny.
5. Once cooked through, remove from the oven and and place on a wire rack for cooling.
6. If you want to REALLY wow your guests, cut the muffins in half and fill with cream cheese and some more smoked salmon or trout.